Pepper Viner Has Gone Green!
High Performance – High Design at Civano North Ridge
It’s the Right Thing to Do!
Conserving energy and protecting the environment starts at home in your new Pepper Viner High Performance-High Design Home. Pepper Viner Homes is setting a new standard at Civano North Ridge by meeting the most stringent standards set by the US Government.
Homes Designed as Integrated Systems with the Following Energy Features:
• The mechanical system is designed by Energy Star recommended software which takes into account the totality of the home design. The result is a properly sized system.
• DuPont Tyvek Housewrap – a revolutionary product that limits air coming into the home through the wall, but allows moisture to escape. Plus, Tyvek Flex Wrap window flashing at every window.
• The truss system is designed to handle solar panels and to coordinate with all ductwork and R-38 insulation to ensure proper functioning.
• Fresh air intake built into the HVAC system to produce better indoor air quality.
• Unvented roof system with insulation to the roof deck – so your home becomes a sealed envelope all the way up to the trusses. All ductwork stays within the insulated areas of the home so your heater and air conditioning unit work more efficiently.
• Insulation of R-19 in the walls and R-38 in the ceiling with third party inspection to ensure quality installation.
• Solar hot water heater with 50 gallon gas hot water heater backup.
• Low E, vinyl-framed windows that exceed Energy Star levels as set by the US Government.
• Recyclable carpet is used with a low VOC carpet pad. Low VOC interior paint is used, and Zero VOC paint is available.
A Measurable Difference!
• Every home meets the 2005 EPAct (Energy Policy Act) Standards set by the US Department of Energy – the most stringent standards ever set! After third party verification during construction, the home is certified and documentation is sent to the US Government.
• Every home is awarded the Energy Star label with third party certification including:
• Each home meets the Thermal Bypass Checklist • Ducts are tested for leakage • Home is tested for tightness • RESNET (Residential Energy Services Network) Level 1 Insulation Installation • Each home meets or exceeds the Energy Star National Performance Path for: Energy Star Lighting – Energy Star Windows – Programmable thermostat – 14 SEER Air Conditioning minimum, 93% efficient furnace – Properly sized HVAC
Benefits of the High Performance – High Design Home
• Measurable savings of 50% or more on heating and cooling costs.
• Heater and air conditioner work more efficiently so that the temperature of the home is consistent and even throughout the home.
• Homeowners will receive documentation that their Pepper Viner home meets the Energy Star and EPAct standards.
• Pride in doing your part to protect our beautiful Sonoran Desert by using less energy – 75% of all energy use is attributed to the buildings where we live and work.
Pepper Viner Homes is a proud builder of ENERGY STAR qualified homes.
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to help Americans save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
To learn more about ENERGY STAR, visit: http://www.energystar.gov/