Pepper Viner Has Gone Green!
High Performance – High Design
It’s the Right Thing to Do!
Conserving energy and protecting the environment starts at home in your new Pepper Viner High Performance-High Design Home. Pepper Viner Homes is setting a new standard at our communities by meeting the most stringent specifications set by the US Government: Homes Designed as Integrated Systems with the Following Energy Features:
|• The mechanical system is designed by Energy Star Version III recommended software which takes into account the totality of the home design. The result is a properly sized system.• House wrap – engineered for superior performance this revolutionary product limits air coming into the home through the wall, but allows moisture to escape. Plus, self adhered window wrap flashing on every window helps prevent mold growth and improves energy efficiency.• The truss system is designed to handle solar panels and to coordinate with all duct work and insulation to ensure proper functioning.• Fresh air intake built into the HVAC system to produce better indoor air quality.
• Unvented roof system with insulation to the roof deck – so your home becomes a sealed envelope all the way up to the trusses. All duct work stays within the insulated areas of the home so your heating and air conditioning unit work more efficiently.
• Insulation of R-19 in the walls and open cell spray foam in the ceiling.
• Third party testing at 3 different stages of construction ensuring framing, insulation, and HVAC systems function as a whole. You receive a certified Home Energy Rating System rating.
• Low E, vinyl-framed windows that meet Energy Star III levels as set by the US Government.
• Recyclable carpet is used with a low VOC carpet pad. Low VOC interior paint is used, and Zero VOC paint is available.
• Prepared for future solar photovoltaic systems.
A Measurable Difference!
|• Every home meets the Energy Policy Act and Energy Star Version III Standards set by the US Department of Energy – the most stringent standards ever set! After third party verification during construction, the home is certified and documentation is sent to the US Government.• Every home is awarded the Energy Star label including:|
|• Each home meets the Thermal Bypass Checklist• Ducts are tested for leakage• Home is tested for tightness• Each home meets or exceeds the Energy Star Version III National Performance Path for:
Energy Star Lighting – Energy Star Windows – Programmable thermostat – 93% efficient furnace – Properly sized HVAC
Benefits of the High Performance – High Design Home
|• Home Energy Rating System (HERS): A home energy rating is an analysis of a home’s energy efficiency.
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is the INDUSTRY STANDARD by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. It’s also the NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance.
What does a HERS rating say about a house?
The HERS Index MEASURES A HOME’S ENERGY EFFICIENCY and there are a lot of great reasons to have a home energy rating performed on your house.
It can tell you so much about the home you live in, like how efficiently it’s operating and where you can make modifications for greater energy savings. When you’re selling your home, a low HERS Index Score can command a higher resale price. And when you’re buying a home you can anticipate the costs of energy bills and efficiency upgrades.
How does the HERS Index work?
More on what the scores mean.
To calculate a home’s HERS Index Score, a certified RESNET HERS Rater does an energy rating on your home and compares the data against a ‘reference home’– a designed-model home of the same size and shape as the actual home, so your score is always relative to the size, shape and type of house you live in.
Some of the variables included in an energy rating are:
• Measurable savings of 50% or more on heating and cooling costs
• Heater and air conditioner work more efficiently so that the temperature of the home is consistent and even throughout the home.
• Homeowners will receive documentation that their Pepper Viner home meets the Energy Star and EPAct standards.
• Pride in doing your part to protect our beautiful Sonoran Desert by using less energy – 75% of all energy use is attributed to the buildings where we live and work.
|Pepper Viner Homes is a proud builder of ENERGY STAR qualified homes. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to help Americans save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
To learn more about ENERGY STAR, visit: http://www.energystar.gov/